Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Little Variety

Going ghost town hunting with Morgan has quickly become a grand interest for me. I have been researching places and mapping them out in my free time and it isn't even what I am supposed to be working on. Last week we drove out in search of a few places and were surprised by the people we met. Both ladies we talked to knew Wyman and were some way connected to him. They were both very nice and helpful. We gained a few connections and now have contacts in Afton and Peacock which should hopefully gain us more access than the average college student. After a long day of driving we stopped in Clairemont at an abandoned jail to see how we could photograph it at night. Talk about chills. There is still the original holding cell in there. It was even scarier at night when I was in there by myself with the door shut trying to fill the room with light. Unfortunately non of my night shots came out well but here are a few from the trip.  We also found a derelict group of houses that were a lot of fun to try and paint.  I will be going out there again soon to reshoot.




Here are some shots from Wednesday (playing in the studio in portfolio class), Thursday (Kristen and I went out to take pictures of the space station going across the sky), and Friday (Kristen and I borrowed a medium format camera and went to a playground).

No comments: