Thursday, February 19, 2009

Snowboards & Dragons!

My last assignment for Portfolio class not only introduced me to medium format but also got me back into the studio. It was a much more enjoyable experience than last year when that was what my entire class was based on. Having a better understanding of how light works makes the frustration level drastically drop. I got my friend Rachel to come in with her snowboard and she was an excellent model as always. I thought the snowboard idea would be interesting since there is no place to snowboard in or near Lubbock and it was very fitting for her personality. In addition to portraits, I also need to shoot some still life. Most of what I shot were artifacts from my travels in Europe (the dragon incense burner) and a box of marbles that I had. I used to think still life was easier but it is much more tedious because you are constantly tweaking the objects and trying to get the light to hit just right on the tiny surfaces. With Rachel I just had to tell her to lean forward a bit or something along those lines. It was just a little difficult to move her when she was strapped on to the board.

I hate how the colors are dulled when I put my photos on Blogger.






No comments: