Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Wyman Experience

Back in May I took a two week long class at the Texas Tech satellite campus in Junction, Texas.  Basically the class consisted of two weeks of running around the Texas Hill Country with the State Photographer of Texas, Wyman Meinzer, and Jerod Foster, another teacher at Tech.  Both are amazing photographers and were able to teach us how to utilize natural light and that laying down in front of a rattlesnake is one of the coolest things ever.  I learned a lot from this class and since taking it my photography has greatly improved.  I use techniques I learned during my time in Junction every time I go out to shoot.  This especially helped when I was in Europe.
I spent a good part of today down in the basement of the Mass Comm building scanning slides from Junction.  It took me 3 hours to scan 40 slides and another 2 to transfer the files from the archaic G4 Macs to my external hard drive (I was a model for my friend Kristen while I was waiting for everything to transfer).  Here are a few shots from May that might sum up some of what we did.  All are Fuji Velvia 100 except for the rattlesnake picture, that is digital.







No comments: