Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back in the Panhandle

I've been on school now for a little over two weeks and haven't shot much but I'm getting back in the habit and have a few classes that are helping me out.  I am doing an independent with Wyman Meinzer and my project for him is the Llano Estacado at night.  A series of photographs that present the Texas Panhandle region after dark.  Last night I went out to the abandoned town of Justiceburg, Tx with two of my fellow photographer friends who I had the pleasure of spending two weeks with in Junction back in May.  Linda, Morgan, and I set out in a rush after being on campus late and got to the ghostly remnants of Justiceburg just before the glow from the sun set behind the distant hills.  We spent a few hours out there practicing painting with light.  I'm anxious to see how the girls' photos came out because I got one great shot before my battery died and being unprepared, my other battery was dead.  It was good practice for my painting skills.  I will have more photos as I continue to work on this project as well as shots from my portfolio class that I have with Jerod and anywhere else I go.  Here is a shot from last night.  My first time light painting.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: